Daily life is filled with change bringing the need for flexibility and healthy adaptation. At times, even the “good stress” of modern-day life with its adventures and pace may take a toll on our bodies, behavior, emotions, thinking and spirits. Add to that, unexpected, unwanted events, losses or tragedies, and the results can leave us feeling overwhelmed, spinning, gripped with fear and wondering where to turn for help.
Further, when such difficulties occur during the formative years of childhood, adolescence or young adulthood, the potential risk for life long effects are real. Young people have fewer life experiences to draw upon as they are learning ways to cope and forming lasting views about themselves, others and God.
To walk alone during such times is hard, and that is why our counselors are here. As a Christian practice, our calling is to come along side others in their moments of greatest distress and vulnerability. We are committed to creating a safe place where hurting children, young people, women and families may find renewed hope, joy and peace.
Our counselors are here to help those suffering the effects of emotional trauma, loss, grief, anxiety, depression, relational problems or school difficulties.
We provide a wide range of services including the following:
- Grief counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapy
- Play and Expressive Therapies for children and teens who may have difficulty finding verbal language to express their thoughts or feeling
- Interpersonal Therapies for those dealing primarily with relational concerns
- Academic Life Coaching
- ADHD and Learning Problems
- Christian counseling for those who wish to incorporate their Christian faith into their therapy and counseling sessions